viernes, 13 de diciembre de 2013

Funny ways of representing "Chronological Events"

If you want to represent facts that happened one after the other grfically, you may use a time line or something like this to do it. But look some funny ways of representing this line:

- This infographic is very visual, so is easy to understand because uses colors to differenciate categories and a track that makes me think about "Guitar Hero" game. So in my opinion is attractive and easy to assimilate.


Source: http://www.fastcompany.com/1761928/infographic-day-music-history-becomes-magic-carpet-ride

- A common way of representing time is through the representation of a road or a path. Below you can see a pair of graphics, the first one like a colorful warm and the second one faithful to the image of a road.




Road to retirement: http://www.asppanews.org/2012/12/07/the-road-to-retirement/
Sillicon Valley: http://www.eastwick.com/2011/12/07/the-game-so-far/

- And to close this post I add my infographic about a Robbery in  Boston.

4 comentarios:

  1. Nice idea! The "road element" reminds me of a board game, what makes it very interesting and dynamic to watch. The direction and steps are clearly to follow. You found a nice solution for combining background information and the event. I think the graph below is difficult to understand because it is not clear what makes the countries to important spots of art heists. That's why I think some additional information in captions would be necessary.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree with Lisa - it reminds me of a board game as well. I really like the way your "road" in the Boston-graphis is located around the basic informations of the robbery - it is really well integrated. I'm thinking of other ways to show chronological events (like comics, using arrows etc.), but this one might be the most common and familiar. Maybe it's just because it's the best?

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I like the examples of making chronological events easier to understand - but I would like to hear your opinion on the different types of structure; what different purposes they should be used for.

    For example; the one looking like a board game (as Lisa G says) might not be proper for a more serious topic. Or what? The "road to retirement" which includes a lot of cartoon figuration does not strike me as directed towards grown ups. Or what do you think?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes I agree with you. It's true that if your infographic aims to represent serious topics the "board game option" is not the best. But as the title of my post indicates, this post is not about the best way of representing chronological events. It is about funny ways that attract people attention.

      Eliminar